Go Down

Topic: Help on reading serial data (Read 2450 times) previous topic - next topic

PGT

@PGTBOOS
I'm not storing images on the Arduino. The CMUcam tracks pre-determined colors and sends back information such as the X and Y values of the middle of the mass.

The camera sends a stream of bits, does it have a wait and confirmin  signal per scan line ?.
So you go by camera scan line and then say do i have a red dot here ??.. i doubt that a bit.. it would be nice for you if it would but most likely it wont.
If you would like to detect the middle of a mass thats object recognition, and well most of such implementations require you to keep the whole image in memory which is to huge for the arduino.
I did object recognition in the past and soon in the near future again, but more often this requires a bit more memory.

In the case if you only like to detect if a certain object is red/green/bleu you can do so with 3 leds (in those colors) and a single LDR then swithc them on one after eachother and read out the LDR

PGT

oh sorry its a future of the CMUcam to detect color blobs, i didnt knew that.
sounds interesting dough

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy