Go Down

Topic: Actuator 6V works on PWM, 12V doesn't: aarch ! (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

Grumpy_Mike

OK managed to get the data sheet. It seems to say that the I option is available in either the 6V or the 12V version. So it doesn't look like you can use what you want.
Also it says the blue wire is used for PWM input, not the white one.
Make sure the black wire is connected to both the ground of your arduino and the ground of the power supply.
The white wire is used for the current loop input, you can't just connect that to the arduino.

zoomkat

If the output of the white wire is 0-12v, then another high resistance pot could be used as a voltage divider on the white wire output to to reduce the max 12v to 5v for input to the arduino. You will probably need an h-bridge (or relays) to control the actuator motor.
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

cvsoft

Grumy_mike, connecting the ground of the arduino with the black wire did the trick. Thx.

The code posted is not pwm, but servo, so I use the white wire.

zoomkat: only one of my 2  12V actuators do still work, so yes I probably fried something :(.

zoomkat

zoomkat: only one of my 2  12V actuators do still work, so yes I probably fried something

Well, if you had the below R actuator version, the actuator might act like a servo. You said you hab the I version which doesn't fit with connecting a control signal to the white analog output wire on the actuator. Good luck!

R RC Linear Servo. Not available with 10mm stroke or 12 volts
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

cvsoft

Just fyi, the I version does contain a range of interfaces, also an RC interface.

Go Up