Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Can 3D Printers be used to print PCBs?  (Read 5068 times)
Cape Town South Africa
Edison Member
A newbie with loads of posts, and still so much to learn !
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Oh for a 3D printer, and the time to experiment with it !

I'd have the parts clipped into a 3D printed plastic frame

That might be the way to go, have each component sunken into the plastic layer, with just its legs standing proud, bare parallel wires connecting them, and an insulating layer before the next lot of wires crossing the first ? ........
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 06:03:10 pm by Boffin1 » Logged

With my mobile phone I can call people and talk to them -  how smart can you get ?

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Faraday Member
I learn a bit every time I visit the forum.
View Profile

LOL, could you print sockets into the wiring? Resistor and led leads plug into many sockets I have. Even chips and some pins to make headers. I wouldn't try printing header pins with copper paste.

Examples can be found in your IDE.

Faraday Member
View Profile

have each component sunken into the plastic layer, with just its legs standing proud,

Everything has to be flush with (or below) the top layer, so that the extrusion head can pass over it for the next layer.

Our guys made some cool badges with names "engraved" and the rfid tag embedded in the build. They built it up with a pocket, stopped the build before the top layers and dropped the rfid circuit in, then resumed the build.  They had a spiffy design with a pair of turning gears on the front of it.

-j

ਪੰਜਾਬ
Edison Member
Another year! Alone! :(
View Profile

Contact REP-RAP guy , these folks are getting into developing the same , I even saw a vid of them doing a trial and it worked! but looked raw and wicked at that time so I think in future they will have something..

"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"
-  Website  

ਫ਼ਤੇਹ ਕਰੂਂ !

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: