Go Down

Topic: Watchdog timer reseting arduino before I can upload another sketch (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Hello, I uploaded a sketch with wtd and this put my arduino mega 2560 in a fast reset loop. :(
So, I can't upload another sketch.

Is there any way to erase memory of Arduino MEGA 2560?
Or a way to upload another sketch?
Or disable wdt hardware...

Thanks

fs007

Which bootloader have you installed ?
the bootloader shipped with the arduino IDE for the MEGA 2560 is not watchdog compatible. If you want to use the wdt you have to install an alternate bootloader with a programmer

CrossRoads

Press & Hold Reset while you start the sketch download.
Release it when you see the "Compiled xxx of 128000" bytes message.
May have to try a few times to get the right time.

If you can't make that work, re-loading bootloader using an ISP programmer will be needed.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

fs007

re-loading bootloader

when he "reloads" the same bootloader, he will probably have he same problem with wdt.

Wow dude, that`s work... I held the button and released when I saw that message. Thank you very much.

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Go Up