Go Down

Topic: How to use 2 IR receivers ? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

delirii

Just to contribute to the knowledge base: I've tested with some 5 meters long cables, clearly not the best quality cables, and my (single for the moment) receiver works like a charm.
=> That's a good point!

I've have to try with a second receiver and a logical gate now (have to buy both before).

Riva

Just to contribute to the knowledge base: I've tested with some 5 meters long cables, clearly not the best quality cables, and my (single for the moment) receiver works like a charm.
=> That's a good point!

Where I work we had a Satellite box at one end of the building and someone who wanted to channel change it one floor down and at opposite side of building. We de-soldered the IR LED from the remote and placed it on about 50 meters of screened audio cable at the satellite box and it worked a charm. I would assume IR receiver would work just as well.

delirii

Where I work we had a Satellite box at one end of the building and someone who wanted to channel change it one floor down and at opposite side of building. We de-soldered the IR LED from the remote and placed it on about 50 meters of screened audio cable at the satellite box and it worked a charm. I would assume IR receiver would work just as well.

That's even better. Thanks for sharing. If my logical gate does the trick, I'll solve my problem!

Go Up