Go Down

Topic: DIY HD TV (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

jjosephs

Is it possible, with Arduino, to basically build a HD TV?

Ideally I'd simply buy the OLED, LED, or LCD glass and have Arduino power the display. A 60" DIY OLED display in my bedroom that costs very little is an alluring idea.

Am I dreaming or is this possible? If yes, which I hope, how do I go about it? Google didn't seem to have the answer for this one or maybe I didn't word my question right...

johnwasser

Arduino doesn't really have the bandwidth for HDTV.

Perhaps the RaspberryPi could do it.  You'd ned a tuner input of some kind and a monitor with an HDMI input.

Where do you get a 60" OLED display that costs very little?
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

jjosephs

If I got a monitor with HDMI input why would I even need Arduino or Rasberry Pi in the first place?

cr0sh

If I got a monitor with HDMI input why would I even need Arduino or Rasberry Pi in the first place?

Your idea is not feasible; even if the Arduino did somehow have the processing power and the needed pins for the row/column drivers that an LCD/OLED uses (have you ever taken one apart?) - you'd still run into the problem that such a display is not cheap. The electronics that drive the display are the cheap part - the display itself is fairly expensive.
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy