I want to run softserial on sanguino ATmega644. This board uses serial interface using COM1 of desktop PC. I am not able to download the sketch. I ran following steps.
1. I downloaded arduino 1.0.1
2. Next I downloaded Sanguino-0101r1.zip from:http://code.google.com/p/sanguino/downloads/detail?name=Sanguino-0101r1.zip&can=2&q=label%3AFeatured
3. Further, i copied unzipped folder "sanguino" in C:\arduino-1.0.1\hardware.
4. When I started Arduino 1.0.1, I could see under tools->boards->atmega644. I thought that it means I have updated 1.0.1 sucessfully for Sanguino.
5. I tried uploading blink sketch but it did not upload and execute. I got error:
avrdude: stk500_getsync() : notin sync:
6. Same board is working fine with blink sketch on older versions Arduino-18 and Arduino-22.
In fact I am using this board for last 12 to 13 months.
I feel that somewhere the new Arduino IDE is not perfectly matched to work with sanguino.
Thanks in advance.