Go Down

Topic: (Solved)Arduino Uno only 1.5 volts from digital outputs instead of 5 volts (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

wikitjuggla

Posted on: Today at 07:47:26 AM
Posted by: Grumpy_Mike
Insert Quote
So when you remove the connections to the motor driver does the voltage recover?

No my voltage does not recover, my first thought was that i had caused a short circuit which would make my voltage drop but that was not the case

Good. So are you sure whatever sketch you are using during these 'tests' is writing a steady HIGH output and not switching between high and low at some rate, as your meter will give a lower voltage reading in reponse to a changing digital output?

the above sketch is my primary sketch that am using and i have tried sever different variations of that sketch and seem to always get the same result. one of the sketches i wrote will give power to the motor pins correctly but the speed pins will sometimes work and sometimes not

Nick Gammon

Read this before posting a programming question

it only puts out 1.5 volts and sometimes it will vary on its own up to the 5 volts.

Which pin, exactly?

wikitjuggla

pins 9 and 10 but depending on the sketch sometimes all of my designated output pins

retrolefty

pins 9 and 10 but depending on the sketch sometimes all of my designated output pins

I suggest you write a very simple sketch that in your setup function you make all pins output mode and set to HIGH and just have your loop function empty. Then go measure the output voltage on all the pins to gain confidence in your controller chip and your measurements, then report back.

Lefty

wikitjuggla

well each and every one of my outputs measured 5 volts on the money so that would probably signify its a problem with the sketch one would assume?

Go Up