Go Down

Topic: Arduino Official Wifi shield on Arduino 328-Having issue connecting via WEP (Read 798 times) previous topic - next topic

diesel

Hello,

I just received the official wifi shield for the Arduino. Trying to connect it via WEP, but having issues. Seems like it should be pretty simple,but all I get on the shield is the red error light. Running the ConnectWithWEP sketch I get Attempting to connect to WEP network, SSID: xxxx, again and again. Maybe I need to upload the firmware to the shield? Sparkfun sent this out to me right after they received. I don't see the green wire antennae on the bottom of the shield, maybe that is the problem? Can anybody help on this?

I have another wifi shield, which I use the same SSID and pw, with no issues, so I don't think those are the issue.

Thanks,

-diesel

diesel

I read over some of the documentation on the shield. I wasn't aware you needed to jumper 3.3v to oiref on older shields. That is probably the issue. I will try out tomorrow.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy