Go Down

Topic: Powering motor shield via portable battery instead of power supply (Read 170 times) previous topic - next topic

djob9601

is there any way to power motors connected to a motor shield via a USB portable charger instead of a battery power supply. Thanks in advance

PaulS

is there any way to power motors connected to a motor shield via a USB portable charger instead of a battery power supply.
The source of the power does not matter. The ability of the source to supply the needed voltage AND current does. Most USB chargers are meant to charge phones and bluetooth devices and other low current devices.

Cactusface

Hi,
     It depends on the motors and the sheild, if the shield uses an L293 or L289 then you are going to lose power (2v+) in the output transistors, something like the DRV series IC's or modules are a lot better.

Having said that I often use 2 x AA Lith which gives me 7.2v this can also be fed to the Arduino Vin pin to power it.

Take a look here, under electronics: http://www.melsaunders.co.uk/

Hope it helps, regards.

Mel.
Open your mind! But not too far, your brains might fall out.
Also like Photography, model building and my 300+ Cacti and Succs.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy