Go Down

Topic: Holiday Detector Adruino Robot with Camera (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

rahul08

Thank you Mike. That should give me an idea. I will give it a try and let you know what the results are. How much of an effect would the motors and holiday detector have on the xbee though?

Grumpy_Mike

It should not be too bad because the Xbee protocol repeates a package that has been corrupted.

PeterH

If electrical interference turns out to be a problem, I imagine that you could electrically isolate the control electronics from the holiday detector, and put them inside a screened enclosure. I'm not totally sold on the idea of trying to make this a self-contained system, though. If I was doing this then at least the MK 1 version would have the minimum hardware needed to detect and repair flaws on something that could be pulled through the pipe manually, with hard-wired controls. Replacing the manual pull with a tube crawler and replacing the hardwired controls with remote control can come later if necessary.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

PaulS

My first thought, when reading the subject line, was that the Arduino was going to detect holidays, based on decorations, I guessed. I thought it might do something different if it detected Christmas decorations vs. Halloween decorations.

I see that that is not the case. learn something new every day.

Go Up