Go Down

Topic: Relay for light switch (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

eyco

Hi,

Which relay is best and safe to use for light switching (230V). I need it to be small one.

Do I need relay which can handle 400V or more? Is it better to use SSR?

I will appriciate any help

Thx

CrossRoads

Add a geographic location to your profile so we can recommend suitable suppliers.
If I recommend a place in western New York, USA, that will not really help if you're in Finland or someplace for example.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

eyco

Thx, added, I usually by at ebay  ...

But the question is general. If I switch 230V should I have 400V or relay of 240 is enough?

CrossRoads

240V should be enough - may want to go higher for some margin if controlling high currents.
Typically the worst that would happen is the contacts would fuse together if the current is too high.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

SM.Ching

I use Omron MKS2P relay for the snooker table light. The relay handle 6 unit 240V 20W and 3 unit 240V 10W fluorescent lamp.
Electronics and computer projects
http://ediy.com.my/

zoomkat

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

Lucaspiller

Sorry to bring back a bit of an old thread, but I was wondering how you got on as I am looking to do the same?

Also is using USB chargers as linked really that safe? I've seen a few reports of them exploding and catching fire. It's one thing to happen when plugged into a socket vs inside the wall!

Go Up