Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: easiest way of driving amplifying from 5v to 12v  (Read 5674 times)
United Kingdom
Tesla Member
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Why not use a proper mosfet driver IC such as TC4420 or TC4429? These will convert a logic signal from 5v to 12V and have good output drive in both directions.

Formal verification of safety-critical software, software development, and electronic design and prototyping. See http://www.eschertech.com. Please do not ask for unpaid help via PM, use the forum.

Edison Member
View Profile

Now that is perfect, exactly what im looking for in terms of size and functionality as well as simplicity
thank you

Faraday Member
Now, More Than Ever
View Profile

Well, if you're going to go shopping then why not get a logic-level FET?
How much current is the FET supposed to switch, anyway?
At first I thought this was about Arduino and using some IRF-type FETs you had on hand.
Then it turns out it was an about an op-amp (comparator).

[I'm not "annoyed", just asking questions.]

"Hello, I must be going..."
"You gotta fight -- for your right -- to party!"
Don't react - Read.
"Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"

Edison Member
View Profile

I am shopping around still, there is a 328p involved but its too busy to do the job of the comparator, I already decided on the mosfets for this project and bought those,(4 for an hbridge and one to turn the whole thing off entirely separate )
its more for incorporating into the design for my much larger project, I just was interested in finding the best wayfor my needs, I have 5v and 12v readily accessible I just didn't know the best(simplest) way to do it, using a dedicated driver that can be controlled from logic makes sense I just didn't think of even looking for something like that, I was first thinking of a non discrete way, but this definetly fits perfect

Shannon Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

If the signal to be amplified is AC only, then a transformer is a simple way to level shift, but won't give power-amplification.

[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

View Profile

I understand this post is old but for less than $5 digikey has exactly what you need
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/VBT1-S5-S12-SMT-TR/102-1398-1-ND/989924
cheers

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: