Go Down

Topic: Problem with 74HC595 and LED Cube (Read 736 times) previous topic - next topic

The problem I'm having is my 74HC595 is only outputting high on all output pins. The code is http://www.atomicvpp.com/LED_Cube_Final.pde. I have the wiring correct so I believe this is an issue with the software. ( I have an IC tester available and the chips are good) Any help would be appreciated. I can get pictures if you need.

Do you have OE/ connected to Gnd, and MCLR connected to +5V?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

A 3x3x3 cube is small enough to run without shift registers, you could bypass the shift registers, wire it to your arduino, and test it (using a similar program).

I did it to a similar program for a 4x4x4 cube. I started with a program that runs the cube lighting one LED at a time, then modified it to use 2 shift registers, which changes it to lighting up to 16 LEDs at a time.

I have a 4x4x4 cube program that uses 2 shift registers (16 bits), If you want it, I can post a copy of it for you.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131