Go Down

Topic: Problem with 2 way motor for arduino UNO R3 [Help!!!] (Read 89 times) previous topic - next topic

TheGuyUnknown

Hello everybody, i will like you to help me in a project than i'm curently working on.
So in a nutshell, this project is about creating a sort of drone but different and to do this i would like to use " drone " motor but not 3way motor with esc but just 2 way motor with a + and a - (like the one from the hubsan x4).
The problem is than i don't know if i can control the intesity/ speed of the motor directly from the arduino without using potetiometer or think like that. I add the idea to use transistor but i'm not sure.

*Thank you

AWOL

Before adding any responses, please check here to see that the question hasn't already been answered.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

MarkT

Hello everybody, i will like you to help me in a project than i'm curently working on.
So in a nutshell, this project is about creating a sort of drone but different and to do this i would like to use " drone " motor but not 3way motor with esc
A brushless motor is the term, or BLDC - for RC craft these are usually sensorless BLDCs and require
a brushless ESC.
but just 2 way motor with a + and a - (like the one from the hubsan x4).
That's a coreless slotless dc motor
The problem is than i don't know if i can control the intesity/ speed of the motor directly from the arduino without using potetiometer or think like that. I add the idea to use transistor but i'm not sure.

*Thank you
For small coreless/slotless you can use a single MOSFET with PWM, but you'll need a higher PWM rate I think
than the default on the Arduino - ie reprogram the relevant timer for a faster operation.  As with any motor
driver circuit a free-wheel diode would be needed - look for examples of single-direction DC motor or relay control.

Most coreless/slotless motors are small and typically require an amp or two at most, and are usually
rated for direct operation from a single LiPo cell, ie about 4V. 
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy