Go Down

Topic: UART TTL ON ARDUINO AND USART/SCI ON PIC-MICROCHIP (Read 96 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi, i am from Ecuador-South America,i have a dude...what is the difference between UART TTL AND USART/SCI, i am interested because i have found a device(Optical Fingerprint Sensor) that say that can be connected using TTL serial, i have developed many proyects with ARDUINO and is great, but i want to integrate a proyect with ARDUINO and PIC... and there is another question...some devices in internet tell us that are for ARDUINO...but other web sites tell us that you can use this devices with other MICROCONTROLLERS or PICs, what i the true?...these devices are made ONLY FOR ARDUINO or compatible with any MICROCONTROLLER?...THANKS

http://www.amazon.com/SainSmart-Optical-Fingerprint-Arduino-Biometrics/dp/B00J99C6D2/ref=sr_1_56?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1413504114&sr=1-56

Graynomad

i have a dude

Google translate maybe? :)

.what is the difference between UART TTL AND USART/SCI

Just the name, most chip vendors call their serial hardware something a little different but bottom line is that are all UARTs, at least for your application.

some devices in internet tell us that are for ARDUINO...but other web sites tell us that you can use this devices with other MICROCONTROLLERS or PICs, what i the true?

Mostly the "for Arduino" phrase is just marketing, but it can also mean that the physical form is designed to plug straight onto an Arduino and/or they provide code to talk to the module. Essentially though ANY electronic device or circuit is compatible with ANY processor, you just have to connect the right bits.

TTL-serial is TTL-serial, in the case of that module it would work with just about every CPU known to man, they may or may not have written some code for the Arduino, it's implied but not actually stated that they have. If not you have to find someone who has or write the code yourself.

______
Rob

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Go Up