Go Down

Topic: A project to prevent a homocide (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

justjed

Slag from the homemade fireworks, dripping down my wrist after I picked up the burning device to run to hide from my parents...
Interesting (and faint, by now) scar.  Probably part chemical burn, but quite shallow...

I burned a couple fingers with canon fuse once. Probably was more painful than I appreciated ... uh, beer was a factor.  :D

The MAPP gas torch does a nice burn too.  ]:)
... it is poor civic hygiene to install technologies that could someday
facilitate a police state. -- Bruce Schneier

MarkFromNJ

He he, pretty much the same I would think although I've only got a shotgun so that's not a problem for me.

_____
Rob

A little off topic, but last fall I was target shooting at my friend's farm with my 12 Ga. using a slug in a brand new rifled barrel with a new scope. The factory had the scope mounted too far back and I was too distracted (aka dumb) to notice. First time I fired the gun the kickback shoved the scope into my eyeglasses, and the top of the scope cut a perfect 12-stitch semicircle just above my right eye. As if that wasn't bad enough, the shock popped the other eyeglass lens out and tossed it a good 25 feet into the woods, never to be seen again.

Seriously, you can't make this stuff up.

Graynomad

And I thought buying ammo was the expensive part of shooting, :)

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Go Up