Ok, I have an Arduino Mega 2560 Revision 3, with the Ethernet Shield (with the MicroSD card slot)
I have built a simple website to control the state of 32 relays, and thus 32 different computers. (future-proofing)
On the hardware side of things I'm only going to start with 8 relays. I bought an 8 Channel 5V Arduino Relay Shield Module (Shield info: http://www.tjskl.org.cn/products-search/cz5093382/8_channel_5v_arduino_relay_shield_module-pz5389815.html
) from a different website. however I am thinking I may need to get an 8 channel relay board with Optical Isolation. I am planning on powering each Relay shield with a different power supply. My pins to control the relays are currently set to pins 18-50.
My code is VERY incomplete and I am constantly modifying it.
code to do list:
change web server ON state to hardware pin LOW, as it is still reversed.
Pin 13 is added on there for test purposes, as I do not have the relays yet.
The button to Update the Machine labels is not functioning yet.
I am planning on saving the Machine labels and States to the EEPROM.
Create Authentication to protect the web server.
I would like to (eventually) interface the SD card to output a log of device changes.
I have attached my code as I was unable to embed it. (too long)
- Will I have over-current issues when I turn multiple machines off (thus pins are HIGH)?
- Will I have over-current issues with the ground with all pins set to low?
- What should I use to power the relay boards?
- I would like to unsolder the power connector on the Arduino and solder the wires directly. Will I have any issues introducing heat to the board?
- Does anyone have any recommendations as far as adding authentication to the board? *I have not researched this part yet, it may be a simple answer*
- Any other recommendations for this project?
This is indeed my first Arduino project, so I'm sure I have made some noob mistakes along the way.
PS: mods, if I placed this in the wrong section I apologize.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.