Go Down

Topic: Ethernet Sheild and GSM router (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

pylon

Try inserting debugging output to the serial console. You (we) must get a feeling where it stops so we may find the problematic part and, eventually, even a fix for it. Insert a Serial.print() after almost every line in the WebSocketClient and PusherClient connect methods, put out every character you receive from the server (if any). Post the serial output you get.

gibbon

Oct 10, 2012, 10:52 am Last Edit: Oct 10, 2012, 10:55 am by gibbon Reason: 1
Ive been tryingt o work out how i can do this...Can i put Serial.print in the library code?

Note: So you can :) I really like arduino! Ok ill play now and see whats outgoing and incoming (or rather not doing!)

Thanks
Andy

gibbon

Ok from quick tests, i printed each line sent to server and then i print each line that is returned:

My IP address: 192.168.2.98.
Connecting to server...
*SENT*
GET /app/8bce0224d7dae3e8e75e?client=js&version=1.9.0 HTTP/1.1
Upgrade: WebSocket
Connection: Upgrade
Host: ws.pusherapp.com
Origin: ArduinoWebSocketClient
*RECV*
HTTP/1.1 502 Bad Gateway
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 08:59:17 GMT
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Length: 29

Very strange?

Thanks
Andy

pylon

Hmmh, looks like you had a transparent proxy in between (which wasn't really transparent though). Have you really checked the same telnet sequence as I did over the GSM router? If you haven't your GSM provider probably puts all request on a transparent proxy and that proxy is not able to handle WebSocket requests.

gibbon

Ive not done the telnet ove the GSM, i have used the pusher API to create a connection using Javascript and run that in my laptop browser using the GSM as my internet connection and it connects fine?

Is that not the same?

Thanks
Andy

Go Up