Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ethernet Sheild and GSM router  (Read 3320 times)
Switzerland
Faraday Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

No, it don't have to be the same. Try the telnet session as I've posted earlier from your laptop, not using the browser but just the telnet command. I'd expect you to get the same output as with the Arduino but it's worth a try.

View Profile

Could you quickly tell me how you did your telnet? If i try to telnet using the windows won either via command promt or telnet terminal and i try to connect to ws.pusherapp.com 80 i just get a flashing cursor? (i assumed connected) how do you do the websocket upgrade handshake?

Thanks
Andy

Switzerland
Faraday Member
View Profile

On the first line of my log is the telnet command. I did it on my linux box but on the windows command line you should be able to enter the same command in this order. On Windows 7 machines you may have to install the telnet command first (was a post in this forum, i don't have Windows).

Then all the lines up to and including the first blank line are stuff I entered, the rest is the output from the server. If you enter these lines you do the upgrade to the websocket.

View Profile

Managed to get the telnet to work (in passive mode), outputs the exact 501 response as the arduino! smiley-sad

I guess "thats it" then?

Unless you have some more excellent ideas? smiley

Thanks for you help btw, much appriciated.

Andy

Switzerland
Faraday Member
View Profile

Do you have the possibility to change the GSM provider? Maybe you can call their service center and they disable the proxy for your account? What country are you in? What provider do you use?

View Profile

Hmm unfortunatly it defeats the object of what im trying to achive, i think ill  go down a different route but it serves for a new thread.

Thank you again, much appriciated.

Andy

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Jump to: