Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: HD44780 20x4 issue (showing all squares)  (Read 3457 times)
Western New York, USA
Faraday Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Meh, the only thing that changes from what i'm doing, is the 5V+ connected to the potentiometer. So nothing changes. Right?
Please rephrase this, I don't understand.

In one photo it looks to me as if your RS, R/W, and E connections are offset by one pin at the LCD end.  In another it look like just the E connection is wrong.  All of the solder connections are horrible.

Don
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:55:05 pm by floresta » Logged

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Horrible is a compliment. I know it's pitiful. It's a fast prototype, anyway, i'm doing exactly what is in the scheme by DEAFBOY. The only thing that changes, is that i'm taking two wires from the +5V of the Arduino: one to the potentiometer and the other on the supply of the LCD directly. Then it's exactly the same. I double and triple checked the connections and they are correct.

Edison Member
View Profile

i'm doing exactly what is in the scheme by DEAFBOY. The only thing that changes,

= "I am doing exactly what you told me to do, other than that I am doing none of what you told me to do."

Western New York, USA
Faraday Member
View Profile

It's a fast prototype, anyway,
It's not really going that fast, is it?

I double and triple checked the connections and they are correct.
I've heard this before.

Please provide a photograph that unambiguously shows the connections between your LCD module and your Arduino.  As I said before some of your connections appear incorrect in your previous photos.

Don

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

Horrible is a compliment. I know it's pitiful. It's a fast prototype, anyway, i'm doing exactly what is in the scheme by DEAFBOY. The only thing that changes, is that i'm taking two wires from the +5V of the Arduino: one to the potentiometer and the other on the supply of the LCD directly. Then it's exactly the same. I double and triple checked the connections and they are correct.

I recommend a breadboard and a breadboard friendly potentiometer and jumper wires. Or just get an LCD shield.

Edison Member
View Profile

I double and triple checked the connections and they are correct.

Some wise guy said a while ago that bugs usually are where you don't expect them to be.

Germany
View Profile

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Mmm... yesterday night i posted the images, but for a strange reason i can't find them now. I know it sucks, but if you don't have 10 fingers (and a breadbord) then it's a quite discrete job. I'll get a breadboard and let you know. Dhenry, where you talking about good ol' Edsger?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: