Go Down

Topic: HD44780 20x4 issue (showing all squares) (Read 5554 times) previous topic - next topic

floresta

Oct 09, 2012, 09:51 pm Last Edit: Oct 09, 2012, 09:55 pm by floresta Reason: 1
Meh, the only thing that changes from what i'm doing, is the 5V+ connected to the potentiometer. So nothing changes. Right?

Please rephrase this, I don't understand.

In one photo it looks to me as if your RS, R/W, and E connections are offset by one pin at the LCD end.  In another it look like just the E connection is wrong.  All of the solder connections are horrible.

Don

altagest

Horrible is a compliment. I know it's pitiful. It's a fast prototype, anyway, i'm doing exactly what is in the scheme by DEAFBOY. The only thing that changes, is that i'm taking two wires from the +5V of the Arduino: one to the potentiometer and the other on the supply of the LCD directly. Then it's exactly the same. I double and triple checked the connections and they are correct.

dhenry

i'm doing exactly what is in the scheme by DEAFBOY. The only thing that changes,

= "I am doing exactly what you told me to do, other than that I am doing none of what you told me to do."

floresta

It's a fast prototype, anyway,

It's not really going that fast, is it?

I double and triple checked the connections and they are correct.

I've heard this before.

Please provide a photograph that unambiguously shows the connections between your LCD module and your Arduino.  As I said before some of your connections appear incorrect in your previous photos.

Don

liudr

Horrible is a compliment. I know it's pitiful. It's a fast prototype, anyway, i'm doing exactly what is in the scheme by DEAFBOY. The only thing that changes, is that i'm taking two wires from the +5V of the Arduino: one to the potentiometer and the other on the supply of the LCD directly. Then it's exactly the same. I double and triple checked the connections and they are correct.

I recommend a breadboard and a breadboard friendly potentiometer and jumper wires. Or just get an LCD shield.

dhenry

I double and triple checked the connections and they are correct.

Some wise guy said a while ago that bugs usually are where you don't expect them to be.

DEAFBOY

I'm deaf.

www.christian-elektronik.de

altagest

Mmm... yesterday night i posted the images, but for a strange reason i can't find them now. I know it sucks, but if you don't have 10 fingers (and a breadbord) then it's a quite discrete job. I'll get a breadboard and let you know. Dhenry, where you talking about good ol' Edsger?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy