Go Down

Topic: interfacing a wired RC controller to arduino to control 2 dc motors (Read 890 times) previous topic - next topic

triven

hey folks, top of the day to you all, . . . .here's my problem
i have here, with me 2 dc motors operating on 24v dc, and i'm planning to inteface it with my arduino diecimila(atmega 8) through an L293D h-bridge driving ic. which takes an input from the arduino(which is the output i trigger through my program to the respective ic pins) and drives the motor with a high current of upto 10 amps.

now, here's the real pain, . . . . . i have with me, an old rc car controller( the classic up,down || left,right) which through a lil bit of modification, i will transform into, a wired controller, whose outputs(viz. forward,reverse, left,right) i'll be assigning as inputs to my arduino.

now i dont really know where to put these inputs(analog or digital) and how to modify my program, or make a new program to accommodate these functions.

i want my bot to move :    front when i press forward
                                     reverse when i press backward
                                     turn left when i press front and left
                                      turn right when i press front and right
                                     reverse left when i press back and left
                                      reverse right when i press back and right
                                     take a 360 continuously left when i press only left
                                      take a 360 right continuously when i press only right

i'm using differential steering
and the functions described above (front, reverse etc) must me mandatorily present in my program. i want digital high or low to be triggered accordingly by analyzing my controller input(i.e front, back, left right)

i hope you folks can help me out. ..  .

thanks a damn!!!!
yo hawk!!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy