Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: PN532 (NFC) not capable of detecting eachother?  (Read 1063 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I purchased two PN532 shields from Seeed Studio (adafruit was OOS), in the effort to have them detect eachother.

In the library Seeed/Adafruit library I find that it only supports ISO14443A (mifare classic), is this a Chip limitation?

Both shields are running the same example readallmemoryblocks but unable to detect eachother.

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

I purchased two PN532 shields from Seeed Studio
But didn't provide a link.

Gosport, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

Have you tried the peer to peer demo sketches? http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/NFC_Shield#Demo_2:_PtoPInitiator.pde_and_PtoPTarget.pde

View Profile

I purchased two PN532 shields from Seeed Studio
But didn't provide a link.

Here we go - http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/nfc-shield-p-916.html?cPath=132_134

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

NFC Shield antenna is designed to work within a range of 1cm.
If your devices are really that close together, what is the advantage of wireless?

View Profile

kinda got lost in the initial example files, thanks for the suggestion, I hope this puts me back on track.

View Profile

NFC Shield antenna is designed to work within a range of 1cm.
If your devices are really that close together, what is the advantage of wireless?

The main reason is the ability to communnicate with eachother (and transfer data) without the need to physically connect or pair with eachother.

similiar to NFC on phones where a simple touch executes a desired action.

View Profile

kinda got lost in the initial example files, thanks for the suggestion, I hope this puts me back on track.

Update:

With my mac, the arduinos installed and worked out of the box (no manual installation of drivers needed) for all the NFC example demos except any of the P2P.

When I attempted to run the P2P sketches, they compiled and uploaded without an error, but never actually ran in the serial monitor.

I decided to use two WIN7 machines (one for each arduino), installed the drivers, set the correct COM Ports, and successfully received acknowledgment within the serial monitor that both arduinos, with NFC shields were running the P2P and detecting eachother!

My next step will be to transfer and store data between two arduinos.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: