Go Down

Topic: Billie's Hydroponic Controller (Read 104589 times) previous topic - next topic

r-man

REALLY good starting point, I like it, add a ph, ec,(TDS conversion), 4 dosing pumps, raindrop sensor to shut off something and email is someting gone bad , wild :)), and it will be TOP ! ;),

take a look at what I`v shared... jarduino Aquarium Controller , you can inspire from there regarding ph ..your desing is fine and simple, but if you wanna display more info at once, you`ll need a bigger lcd

prices are in CZK?
Yes, prices are in CZK. To add PH and EC I need to switch to IDE 1.5.8 - this means code rewrite in some areas (DHT22 sensor was totally unstable) for getting more free memory. Then will be the right time to add sensors like PH, EC, CO2, Raindrop....But emails are working now, this is so crucial for "remote gardening".

And yes, bigger LCD is on the wae, I'be purchased 4x20 char, that will be maybe enough.  The main power is in web GUI, there you can see everything and nice :-)

arizno

Has anybody incorporated CO2 into this project? Would it be easy to install one?

Mark Griffiths controller:
i have tried compiling the files but i receive this error:

In file included from HydroControl_UI.ino:56:
C:\Users\Name\Documents\Arduino\libraries\HydroponicsEngine/HydroponicsEngine.h:57:54: error: ../PhidgetsORPpH/PhidgetsORPpH.h: No such file or directory
In file included from HydroControl_UI.ino:41:
C:\Users\Name\Documents\Arduino\libraries\EEPROM/EEPROM.h:32: error: conflicting declaration 'EEPROMClass EEPROM'
C:\Users\Name\Documents\Arduino\libraries\EEPROMex/EEPROMex.h:166: error: 'EEPROM' has a previous declaration as 'EEPROMClassEx EEPROM'

i am confused what i should do about PhidgetsORPpH.h since there isn't a library for that.  not sure what to put in the PhidgetsORPpH.h file.   also having issues with EEPROM library which i am looking for a working version.  i have billie's controller working fine.  any suggestions?  thanks

acidu

Feb 22, 2015, 02:00 am Last Edit: Feb 22, 2015, 02:01 am by acidu
here is another cool project that might help ypu inspire :

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqTIHmzoxf0

with code

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=677265

So I am having a problem where as my LCD will turn on, and drops rapidly down to around 4.23    , then completely freezes up. I am currently using the 1_1_2B. Thoughts? Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this as of yet? 

amonefe

Did you make any shematic for that

Lundin

Apr 02, 2015, 11:12 pm Last Edit: Apr 02, 2015, 11:17 pm by Lundin
So I am having a problem where as my LCD will turn on, and drops rapidly down to around 4.23    , then completely freezes up. I am currently using the 1_1_2B. Thoughts? Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this as of yet? 
I had to tweak the hell out of 1.1.2b code before my project even started running and from there another 40-ish hours getting stuff to run smoothly without issues.. now, 8 months and 100's of little tweaks later, what's left is the semi-original name "Hydroponic controller" :-)..

Do you use the exact same components as Billie's original? The voltage drop either tells me you have some component requiring more juice than the Arduino can deliver.. or a malfunctioning component.. or it could be the code trying to initialize the SPI-bus where one or more components are not fed with correct amount of voltage..   I had similar issues in the beginning with the DeadOn RTC DS3234 and the SD card where the DeadOn randomly lost power which made the SD card hanging not being able to initalize.. having no code to handle the error either just froze up the  display or stopped everything from working completely..

my problem was the converted PC Powersupply where the separate 3.3V rail could go cold without notice so hooking the DeadOn and the SD-card up to another 3V supply fixed the problem..

This has been alot to digest.
I found the  UTFT library on the moved site, http://www.rinkydinkelectronics.com/library.php but not the ITDB02_Touch library. Can someone help?

Lundin

This has been alot to digest.
I found the  UTFT library on the moved site, http://www.rinkydinkelectronics.com/library.php but not the ITDB02_Touch library. Can someone help?
Hi.. Have you tried this?
Utouch

Lundin

Apr 05, 2015, 11:19 pm Last Edit: Apr 05, 2015, 11:46 pm by Lundin
No I don't see ITDB02_Touch there.
Sorry for not clarifying and i meant UTFT.. not Utouch.. sorry again

..and the meaning of this is that UTFT library already supports a lot if adapters and you change this in the sketch.. there's no separate Utouch sketch for every adapter

The funny part is that there's said to be support for the ITDB02 on the webpage but i couldn't find it in the UTFT header.. it might have been updated since i DL'd it.. well.. hope you get it running

Code: [Select]
#include <UTFT.h>
#include <UTouch.h>

// Initialize display
// ------------------
// Set the pins to the correct ones for your development board
// -----------------------------------------------------------
// Standard Arduino Uno/2009 Shield            : <display model>,19,18,17,16
// Standard Arduino Mega/Due shield            : <display model>,38,39,40,41
// CTE TFT LCD/SD Shield for Arduino Due       : <display model>,25,26,27,28
// Teensy 3.x TFT Test Board                   : <display model>,23,22, 3, 4
// ElecHouse TFT LCD/SD Shield for Arduino Due : <display model>,22,23,31,33
//
// Remember to change the model parameter to suit your display module!

UTFT    myGLCD(ITDB32 ,38,39,40,41);  <--- Here is where you normally set the adapter

Has anyone expanded on this to include an EC sensor/controller for the nutrients based on an EC target?

myggle

Has anyone expanded on this to include an EC sensor/controller for the nutrients based on an EC target?
I've looked at this a little and of all types of devices I want in my garden, EC and PH measurement seam to be the most complicated, so I will be saving that for last when working phases into my project.

Phase 1 - Online Mega 2650r3, data logging, basic web page, 8 channel relay for lights and feed pumps, and a DHT22 temp/RH sensor.  "If" statements are used to cycle on fans based on high readings from DHT.

Phase 2 - water movement into garden and waste from garden, and peristaltic pumps for meting in nutrients into the system, clickable buttons on the web page to cycle on solenoid valves and pumps.  As PH and EC are not yet included, the gardener needs to be present, but everything can be done from the smartphone.

Phase 3 - PH and EC.  I'm leaning towards using these Atlas Scientifichttp://www.atlas-scientific.com/circuits.html? products, but as I am running multiple reservoirs at varying nutrient concentrations, I am wanting to only use a single "stamp" per each form of measurement, and hopefully I can later learn how to multiplex signals so I can have a probe in each reservoir, all linking back to that single stamp.  Otherwise my GPIO will quickly get used up, not to mention my project will get significantly more expensive.

Thanks for the libraries!! I'm gettin' all the individual parts together and learning the code.

I have an outdoor unit so fans and lighting are not necessary for me. As i said i'm learning the code to see what I can eliminate, and how do do it.

I plan to auto control water level, add nutrients based on the water used (for now). Measure the PH and adjust automatically. For general information, the air and water temp as well.

I've using the www.towergarden.com/ unit manually for a few years now and want to go the "next step".

Apr 22, 2015, 10:26 pm Last Edit: Apr 24, 2015, 07:01 am by Mike_V_Florida
If anybody is still reading this I need more help/understanding of what is happening.

In the ino for v1.1.2b

There are lines;

#define dht_dpin 69   //pin for DHT11

Can someone explain this to me? #define is a macro is it not? What does that have to do with calling out a pin?

And if it is a pin pinMode(dht_dpin,OUTPUT); Where is pin 69? I can't find it either physical or IDE.

In post #3 the picture shows Analog 15 as the pin used, this equals physical pin 82.

I'm confused.

Then there are some others;

int pHPin = 59;                    //pin for pH probe

But the drawing shows Analog 5 or physical 92?

int lightSensor = 60;              //pin for Photoresistor

And again this does not match the drawing on post #3, Analog 14, physical 83.

I know this was asked before, post #103, but no answer.

I really want to build this but I can't seem to make heads of tails of things. Does someone have a wiring diagram that matches the software?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy