Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: [SOLVED] EAGLE question: can I reconnect a net to another net  (Read 1804 times)
Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Here is my question:

I draw up a net (say Net1). I then connect it to a net D2. I later decide I want to use D3 instead. I check on the wires on the original Net1 and all of them are connected to D2. Is there a simple way to draw a net, connect it to say D2 and then easily connect it to D3? Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 01:04:54 pm by liudr » Logged

View Profile

Using the NAME and LABEL commands could really simplify your schematic connection process and it makes it really easy to  change a whole group of nets and connect it to another pin of an IC for example, look here for more info about EAGLE commands.

http://web.mit.edu/xavid/arch/i386_rhel4/help/24.htm

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

Thanks. But does renaming a wire combine the old net with the new? I'll give it a test.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Yes, renaming a wire connects the nets.  You can rename a single segment, or all segments of the net.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

OK I guess I was too cautious then. When I select a segment that is on the D3 net and try to name it D4, I always saw message such as "connecting D3 to D4?" and I back away thinking that I would connect these two nets together and make a mess. Today I got over my fear and tested the rename only this segment and it worked. They should have really say something different, like "disconnecting the current segment FROM D3 and reconnecting it to D4?".

Thanks guys!

Smithfield, Rhode Island
God Member
View Profile

The Eagle messages can be a bit confusing, but what's to fear? Just back up the files before you make the change so you can revery back if you mess it up.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Or use CTRL-Z to undo changes.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: