Go Down

Topic: Ethernet communication to audrino with ethernet shield (Read 417 times) previous topic - next topic

zarobhr

I am working a project using adrinos and have about 15 connected to a pc via serial ports. the software controls the devices connected to the adrinos and is all unattended.

i have the need to possibly have to connected 50-100 devices to the system and would like to still control with adrinos but move away from serial since pc's cant really handle that many.

is there a way to communicate directly with the audrino via ethernet and tcp\udp for my control signals

i really cant use a website since it is unattended.

the pc sends a poll to the device the device responds with status, and then the pc send other commands based on the the response to the poll are

works great with serial . hoping to achieve same over the network

thanks

Arrch

Yes.

I think most use the HTML requests to talk back and forth, but you can just use TCP/IP communication if you don't need/want website access.

PaulS

is there a way to communicate directly with the audrino via ethernet and tcp\udp for my control signals

If you have an ethernet shield, yes. Without one? No.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy