Go Down

Topic: Guide Me how i can write and read audio simple on arduino EEPROM (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

dsese1234

Guide me on how i can write and read audio,  in arduino EEPROM. Maybe Just a second,  for just an example how to start.?  :)

Anyone?

retrolefty

Well as an arduino board lacks any real analog output I don't think it would be possible to output a audio signal without external hardware support. Reading and writing any digital data to EEPROM is a pretty simple process but recording and outputting audio directly from a arduino is pretty much a no go.

Lefty

CrossRoads

The EEPROM is also pretty small - not going to hold a lot of audio - just a fraction of a second.
There's been some nice synthesizer projects mentioned.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

dsese1234

CrossRoads

EEPROM is 1K?
8 bit audio, sampled at 16K samples/second for 8 KHz max bandwidth, can store 1/16 of a second.
8 bit audio is not very good, 8 KHz upper limit also not very good.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

dsese1234

Thanks for all Reponses, and i really understand it. but i want to now how actually code it? Maybe something like:
    val = analogRead(0);
     eemprom.write(address, val);?

maybe  PWM is equal to eemprom.read(address)?

CrossRoads

analogRead() needs 100uS to complete a 10-bit conversion. Divide by 4 to get to 8 bits.
EEPROM write needs 3.3ms to complete the write.

EEPROM read is quicker.
Standard analogwrite() is 490 Hz.

PWM output can me manipulated - this article is often referred to:
http://www.arcfn.com/2009/07/secrets-of-arduino-pwm.html

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy