Go Down

Topic: Let's do a rally of meaningless complaints (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic

justjed

Also, I'm not happy with the color temperature of Sol. If we could just drop it a thousand K or so, that'd be nice.
... it is poor civic hygiene to install technologies that could someday
facilitate a police state. -- Bruce Schneier

Osgeld

would all life end if they added a power switch to arduino?

2 ways to reset the stupid thing on board, and you have to yank the cord to wiggle a resistor!

Pauly

Flew on Delta airlines recently.
You have a touchsreen on the headrest in front of you to watch movies and tv shows and play some games.  Not a bad idea, but it also controls your overhead light.
I wanted the light on to read a book.   To turn the light on I had to watch a 30 second ad before I was able to get to the screen where you control the light.

Let me repeat.  I had to watch a commercial in order to turn the light on.
Epic fail.

retrolefty

Flew on Delta airlines recently.
You have a touchsreen on the headrest in front of you to watch movies and tv shows and play some games.  Not a bad idea, but it also controls your overhead light.
I wanted the light on to read a book.   To turn the light on I had to watch a 30 second ad before I was able to get to the screen where you control the light.

Let me repeat.  I had to watch a commercial in order to turn the light on.
Epic fail.

Epic fail or not, it's the sign of the times and such 'pushed commercials' are going to just get more and more prevalent in our daily lives.

liudr

At least the commercial I watched at Omaha air port was followed by free wifi. I hate Delta and AA. NWA used to be fair but now it's all gone. There used to be NWA direct flights between MSP and PEK and I don't expect it to come back any time soon, since Delta has bought NWA.

Go Up