Go Down

Topic: Let's do a rally of meaningless complaints (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic

Udo Klein

@liudr: I am pretty much sure that you can open the door (at least partially) even at 160km/h (100mph). Here in Germany nobody assumes this to be *very* fast. This is just "fast". I find it always amusing when I see car chases in US movies when the needle of the speedometer trembles as it hits the mystic 100mph. When I am commuting at 160km/h I have to take care to avoid cars that are rapidly approaching from behind ;)

With regard to the anoying beeps: why does my car beep if the "passenger" (=my laptop bag) is not buckled up? At least it stops after some beeps. The previous one kept beeping for 5 Minutes before it gave up.
Check out my experiments http://blog.blinkenlight.net

Jimmy60

If you think you guys have complaints, well, it snowed here today.

CrossRoads

Dang, too early for snow. Rainy here, has been for several days. Little glimpse of clear sky as the sun was pretty close to setting.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Graynomad

it snowed here today.

That's nuthin.

Our winter just past was so bad we had a frost one morning. I kid you not.

Children below the age of 7 didn't know what it was, even some adults had to Google the symptoms to figure what was happening.

Man I hope we don't get another winter like that again.

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

liudr

@liudr: I am pretty much sure that you can open the door (at least partially) even at 160km/h (100mph). Here in Germany nobody assumes this to be *very* fast. This is just "fast". I find it always amusing when I see car chases in US movies when the needle of the speedometer trembles as it hits the mystic 100mph. When I am commuting at 160km/h I have to take care to avoid cars that are rapidly approaching from behind ;)

With regard to the anoying beeps: why does my car beep if the "passenger" (=my laptop bag) is not buckled up? At least it stops after some beeps. The previous one kept beeping for 5 Minutes before it gave up.

I keep my bag on the passenger floor, less gravitational potential. Otherwise I keep a hand on it, too distracting. New cars sold in US should have fuel line automatically cut if driven over 100 mi/h or something. I don't know how hard it is to get a driver's license in Germany. Here in US every nut case can get one. I always pay much attention every time I drive. If I drive at 100mi/h I imagine my car will shake too much and fuel efficiency will be half what I get with 65 or70.

Go Up