Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: OPamp  (Read 2023 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I don't really need any higher resolution than 1 bit, I intend to use the load cell for weight increase detection not measuring, I'd like for my Arduino to detect if the base value of the load cell increases by say 10Kg not 5Kg not 1Kg, In fact I'd be very happy if it didn't even notice a 5Kg increase.

So a high resolution or great accuracy is not something I'm in need of (Low noise is though).

The less expensive the better (not that I'm cheap I'm just thinking large scale).

I bet the ADC you talk about fat16lib, is great it might even make my life easier, And if you feel that It's what's best suited for my application than I'll try it.

View Profile

If you have three wires coming out, I think you have two resistor elements in the strain gage, one is on the piece of steel that strains, and the other is in another place where it is an offset for temperature correction.

They make up half of a wheatstone bridge.

View Profile

If you have three wires coming out, I think you have two resistor elements in the strain gage, one is on the piece of steel that strains, and the other is in another place where it is an offset for temperature correction.

They make up half of a wheatstone bridge.

You think?

Your assumption is sadly not correct.

The strain gauge is a voltage divider. It works alot like a potentiometer only the strain gauge only changes it's resistance value by a couple of ohms at full load. There is no resistor in there for temperature correction. However by using two Half-bridge gauges, one as a pressure sensor and the other as a reference for the amplifier you'd get your temperature correction. 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: