Go Down

Topic: [SOLVED] ATmega328 on BreadBoard Bootloader Question (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

"There is a reset Pin # 1 and another reset pin on the opposite side don't remember the pin # but I tried it that way to."
Opposite side of what?
You said you had a breadboard - is that where the reset button is you are talking about?

"RST or equivalent on the ICSP board"
You are using an Uno or something as the programmer?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

pcfr33k

Opposite side of Pin # 1 on the ATmega328.

The reset button is on the breadboard for Pin #1

I am using the USBtinyISP and an Arduino UNo R3 without the CHip of course.

I have connected the other reset pin to RST or equivalent  name to the ICSP controllers with the same result.  I have to hold down the reset button on the breadboard to burn it successfully!!

CrossRoads

Opposite of pin #1 being pin #28? That is not a reset pin, that is AnalogInput5 pin.

I don't know what's going on with your reset, doesn't sound like something is correctly connected.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

pcfr33k

When I say opposite side I did not mean directly opposite the pin I meant the other side!!  I just don't have the pin # with me

WizenedEE

would these be helpful?

ICSP pinout (6 pin is the one arduino uses)

There is only one reset pin on each one, so if you try to take an alternate path... I don't see how.

Go Up