Go Down

Topic: Feasible DCC project? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

JohnHill

I am a real newbie, my Arduino (actually a "YourDuinoRobot" compatible, Duemilanove clone?) only arrived yesterday and I have never coded C++.  However I paid the rent by coding Delphi for a decade or so and feel I am potentially up to the coding side.

Now, my project which I would like comment on please.  I am considering a DDC (i.e. model train) controller for our Lego trains set. The trains are already fitted with decoders so I am only interested in a controller at this stage.

I am planning to use a PC to  send a table of train addresses with speed, function etc which the Adruino will convert to the required NRMA DCC block format and pass it to an H-bridge motor controller circuit to drive the tracks.

It sounds like a big job for a newbie and I am hoping there are libraries that will make it easier for me.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

John

AWOL

Have you looked at OpenDCC?
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

JohnHill

I "glanced" at OpenDCC but it did not strike me as a Arduino project? :~

AWOL

What about the other Google hits?
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

JohnHill

Oct 10, 2012, 09:31 am Last Edit: Oct 10, 2012, 09:34 am by JohnHill Reason: 1
They brought me here! :)

But they also took me to http://www.oscale.net/en/simpledcc  which looks interesting for what I have in mind.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy