Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Excel  (Read 1438 times)
Saskatchewan
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

It appears that the first column is simply a counter. It isn't really needed. (I recently went through this with my project.) It's trivial to number the data in the spreadsheet. If it goes to the first cell the row numbers should do it. 

I don't know what you are doing with the data in the spreadsheet. Maybe you need each line numbered but if you think about it you might find that you don't.

Norway
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hi Jimmy60
The counter is not what I´m going to use. Later I insert a Real Time Clock Module.
So instead of counter, I´ll use time.

Grand Blanc, MI, USA
Faraday Member
CODE is a mass noun and should not be used in the plural or with an indefinite article.
View Profile

Very easy to parse data in Excel. Look for "Text to Columns" in the help. Can be parsed based on delimiters or fixed columns.

MCP79411/12 RTC ... "One Million Ohms" ATtiny kit ... available at http://www.tindie.com/stores/JChristensen/

USA
View Profile

Here's how I get data into Excel columns, for experiments:
  • Serial.print() what I want to see, with a convenient delimiting character between data elements.  A comma or a space usually works fine.
  • Copy and paste it into a single Excel column.
  • Data > Text to columns > Delimited > describe the delimiter
And, voila, it's in columns.  For your application, you'll just want to be sure that your delimiter isn't a character that will show up in the timestamp you add later.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: