Go Down

Topic: BI-DIRECTIONAL PEOPLE SENSOR AND COUNTER USING ARDUINO BOARD (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic

stefanoGizz

Mike,

hahahaha Got you! Thanks alot It still needs abit of tweaking here and there.I think it's the ports now.
Am checking the arduino mega 2560 schematics to see the port of my pins.
Sorry for being a newbie!!

Thank you very much.

stefanoGizz

Mike,

I have rearranged the byte digitpatterns and atleast something is coming up on my display,though can't recognise what digits they are apart from digit 1, however, This is not exactly what I want but I will keep working till I achieve this.

This time round I will be mature to ask for any more help as these ideas are great and very helpful.

Much thanks

Steffano.

Grumpy_Mike

The trick is to find out the relationship between a bit in your data with the corresponding segment position.
It sounds like there is a miss match between what you have wired up and what the code thinks the wiring is.
So just have a digit with one segment on and see where it shows up. Repeat for all seven segments, then you can write the bit patterns in your code to match the physical layout you have.

stefanoGizz

stefanoGizz

Mike,

I am still struggling with the display code to be honest. it lights my first digit wired to pin 37 and the digit is not clear enough can only see number 1.
my seven segments (a to f) are wired to pins 30 to 36) and my digit enable pins are 37, 38,39 and up to now I can't figure it out.

Thanks.

Go Up