Go Down

Topic: Voice transmission with Arduino + XBee (Read 494 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi All,

I am Christina

I want to make a testbed of Voice transmission with Arduino + XBee with:
- Three arduino's with 3 shields XBee  : two as voice sender (microphone) /voice receiver (Speaker) and one as relay (2-hop Voice transmission with Arduino + XBee !! ). Also, two SparkFun Electret Microphone Breakout.

I've never worked with electronic stuff before but feel like giving it a shot. So, Can I realise this scenario!!. and which other shields that I need !! I need your advices to realize this project.

Thank you

Mar 21, 2015, 11:32 pm Last Edit: Mar 21, 2015, 11:32 pm by Grumpy_Mike
Can I realise this scenario
This is not a beginners project. Unless you have experience it will be impossible.
The problem is that the data is not transmitted in real time in an Xbee but in packets. These packets then have to be received, buffered and output in time order. If it is possible it is not easy. However I don't think it is possible. Do the math about the bit rate / packet rate you need. If you don't know how to do this simple math then you are not ready to do this project.

would it be possible for someone with little experience to do using Bluetooth, x-10, or any other technology such as wi-fi, or whatever signal phones use? Where i'm from you don't really hear a lot about Xbee anyway.

Thank you guys for reply I know that the maximum throughput achievable by Xbee its 2Kbps and this is low compared to the voice streaming. So, what's about WIFI by using YUN Arduino or using wifi shields !!

It appears this isn't a technology that the experts on here have experimented with before. I too am looking into this.

wochristina: if you find out anything that might be useful regarding this please post it and I will do the same.

We will figure this out. If i have to program an arduino to press the buttons on a cell phone to call another cell phone located on another arduino to make this work, it will be done.

Ok thomas499 :) because it's a very interesting topic

Mar 25, 2015, 02:24 pm Last Edit: Mar 25, 2015, 02:30 pm by Thomas499
wochristina: I suspect the lack of response is due to the dramatic increase in activity on the forum right now. I've noticed this tends to happen every so often in response to school projects a little past mid term.

Solutions: I can solve this by taking apart two old walkie talkies and rigging it in such a way that the arduino activates a servo which pushes the button on the walkie talky which broadcast to the other walkie talkie located on the second arduino. This would be fairly easy to do but wouldn't be fancy. Results are really all that matter to me though. It gets the job done.

If you are interested in streaming using conventional official arudino technology with no rigs you might find this Wireless Digital Audio Streaming Realtime with Arduino and an NRF24 Module video interesting Notice the quality of sound isn't great, but it does seem to work. I remember watching a youtube video probably 5 or 6 months ago where a guy had 6 arduino mini's wire up with a system similar but more impressive and better sound quality. He had schematics posted, but I do not recall if he posted the code. At the time I was just getting use to arduino and that was way over my head.

I am currently working on finishing another project, but within the week or so I will focus on this with a great deal more effort.

Keep me updated on your end,

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131