Go Down

Topic: LOL - Exploded cap. (Read 4297 times) previous topic - next topic

retrolefty

I have often wondered why there wasn't an Amateur Radio group here... Too

There are a few of us around. However beyond a morse code encoder/decoder project or two, not many ham projects get posted around here.

Lefty: WA6TKD

cjdelphi

Yesterday while cleaning up, I found the metal shell casing, nice and smooth except 1 corner where it must have hit the wall um.. hard :)

fungus

Yesterday while cleaning up, I found the metal shell casing, nice and smooth except 1 corner where it must have hit the wall um.. hard :)

Now imagine it hitting your eye...

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

cjdelphi

I'm an unlucky but lucky kinda guy lol...

at 16, I decided to see how far I could make a hard rubber (high bounce ball) ball bounce, firing at it, while standing next to it, I aimed down fired... next thing i know i'm in severe pain clutching my right eye, turned out the 177 lead bullet hit the ball and decided to ricochet off directly into my eye..

Lucky thing was, it hit the bone just above my eye just below your eyebrow - I tell you what, that hurt like HELL....  and it taught me a valuable lesson, wear eye protection :) - which i never did do! - when firing over 7 feet away with an air gun I'm not that worried....

I've been in plenty of "what if's" one day i'll get unlucky... but that's the way i roll ...  I'm sure if you talk to enough guys who operate lasers and play with lasers at least 1 of them has only 1 working eye ball :) i still got a 2nd one :D

Krupski

krupski,

I hope your teacher catches you now that you confessed.

Since I went to high school 1971-1975... my teacher is either older than dirt or dead.

There were a few other things I did in HS that I've never confessed to (and nobody knew who did it).

A little knowledge plus the underdeveloped morals and common sense of a teenager = nasty pranks.

Thankfully, nobody ever got hurt.
Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Go Up