Go Down

Topic: Water pump food grade (Read 4117 times) previous topic - next topic

max246

I am looking for a Water pump food grade but I don't know if the pump that I bought is certificated.
I don't really know how to check it, the pump that I bought is the model zc-a40  and that one is the link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-12V-550L-H-Brushless-Magnetic-Submersible-Water-Pump-Koi-Fish-Pond-Garden-/290751029113?pt=UK_HomeGarden_Garden_PondsWaterFeatures_UK&hash=item43b21c9f79#ht_4367wt_1399

There is a safe website where I can buy another one that is food grade?

I have to do a little project where the liquid is moved, that hove must be drinkable.

Chagrin

How much flow do you need (gallons/liters per minute) and how much pressure? You need ~1 PSI of pressure for every 3 feet of lift.

max246

I dont need a powerful pump, I just fill up a glass of water that is about 300 ml. if that takes 20 seconds o less it's fine.

Chagrin

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HHW0FU

You should be able to find this same pump at a lot of different places including eBay.

max246

I am a little bit skeptical, should I trust amazon?

max246

Well , never mind I am going to contact the seller and then I can check with him.

Thank you to answer :)

cr0sh

Well , never mind I am going to contact the seller and then I can check with him.

Thank you to answer :)

I sincerely doubt that pump is "food grade"; for one thing, it doesn't cost enough...

Now - will it cause you harm to drink liquids pumped by it? Doubtful. However, you may be limited in what liquids you can pump - plain water is probably OK, but anything with a high alcohol concentration, or anything else which can affect the operation of the pump (seal deterioration, or leaching of the likely non-food grade lubricant) might pose problems.

Of course - this would all only be for "personal use". If you try to install whatever it is you are building into a commercial operation (kitchen, food service, etc) and the health inspector sees it, you won't pass (assuming that's all they do, of course)...
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Chagrin

I chased down the manufacturer (Dongguan Zhonglong Motor) and it is spec'd as a food grade pump.

max246

I have to pump water and it will be a personal project, nothing that is for public.

@Chagrin: this company is the same that has made the pump on Amazon?

max246

Ok guys I found a company that has a genuine pump, the company is TOPSFLO, you can check the website.
I will let you know how much does it cost ;)

This one also seems usable, and if I'm not mistaken, the external gear pump principle is also self-priming.
http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/DC-12V-Micro-Gear-Water-pump-2L-min-self-priming-1-PC-/270866757893?pt=BI_Pumps&hash=item3f10eab905

max246

I dont trust it, if you want to move drinkable liquid, just spend a little bit for you safety and make sure that they have a FDA certificate!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy