Arduino newbie here respectfully
bringing my project here for guidance. I wish I knew how to do this, but need help getting going. Want to make sure I do not go down the wrong path. From watching this site, there is some incredible knowledge here, so am hoping to tap into just a tiny bit of that!
- Am building a temperature monitoring system that will use data from one sensor to operate a 1/2 hp 110v electric motor.
- Sensors are DS18B20s.
- Will monitor temperatures from about a dozen DS18B20s.
- Data will go via modified cat6 cable to an Arduino Mega1280. (DS18B20s, time stamp, temp.)
- Data from one of the DS18B20 will operate a relay for ½ hp 110v motor.
- Data will transfer via ethernet shield from Arduino Mega1280 to Ubuntu/Mint/Debian PC for storage/analysis.
- Other sensors will have data read and logged every 30 seconds.
What type of relay works best here?
Regarding the Arduino code, 're-inventing this wheel' makes no sense to me and I learn best using a solid code base to work and learn from.
IMO, having a proven solid code base to start with and then testing / learning / experimenting off of this would be far preferable.
Anybody agree with this? I know I work best starting with a proven thing and using that to learn.
I would be very grateful for any and all suggestions.
Thank you. Looking forward to this.