Go Down

Topic: Led project (Read 2671 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

Bottom is almost as tidy. I am a very good wirewrapper.
Its all copper & reflective tho, hard to get a good picture.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Boffin1

I have never tried wirewrapping, are the empty SIL sockets just to give you pins to join several wires together ?

CrossRoads

No, I plan to unplug and move the outer left & right down to those spots to have a 16x16 display to play with after I get the 8x32 working. Will wire those 2 in parallel.
Figured out last night why my display was off - misread the MAX7219 datasheet and had the MSB wired to the LSB of the displays.
Had figured out previously that the matrices were rotated 90 degrees, a result of not realizing they were 2 color devices and not single color - the datasheet did match the part marking - found another that matched a number in the artwork on the bottom of the board, so I need to unwrap 64 wires, rotate the parts and re-do the wiring.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Boffin1

Thats a bummer !   Shame theres not an equivalent to photoshop with wire wrapping :-)

CrossRoads

Will only take an hour or so to fix it up once I get started.

Go Up