Go Down

Topic: Led project (Read 2897 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

Bottom is almost as tidy. I am a very good wirewrapper.
Its all copper & reflective tho, hard to get a good picture.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Boffin1

I have never tried wirewrapping, are the empty SIL sockets just to give you pins to join several wires together ?

CrossRoads

No, I plan to unplug and move the outer left & right down to those spots to have a 16x16 display to play with after I get the 8x32 working. Will wire those 2 in parallel.
Figured out last night why my display was off - misread the MAX7219 datasheet and had the MSB wired to the LSB of the displays.
Had figured out previously that the matrices were rotated 90 degrees, a result of not realizing they were 2 color devices and not single color - the datasheet did match the part marking - found another that matched a number in the artwork on the bottom of the board, so I need to unwrap 64 wires, rotate the parts and re-do the wiring.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Boffin1

Thats a bummer !   Shame theres not an equivalent to photoshop with wire wrapping :-)

CrossRoads

Will only take an hour or so to fix it up once I get started.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy