Go Down

Topic: calculation (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

neoejan

do arduino uno R3 have coding or source code or library  to calculate jitter, throughput, delay?

CrossRoads

Yes, depending on what you are measuring.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

neoejan

how to grab to capture the packet or time time stamp? do you have any good link so i can follow cuz i still cant find the source code or coding to do that

AWOL

Capture what packet?
The time time stamp of what?
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

neoejan

to capture packet that being send from sender to receiver.right now i am doing real life network simulation.i need to capture delay,jitter,throughput from one node to the another node. the time stamp is for to calculate the delay of data from sender to receiver

mirith

You do realize that all 3 of those statistics exist outside of network traffic monitoring?  I know that the first things I considered was not specifically designed for networking.

neoejan

i do not clearly understand what are you saying. sorry,i am still new to this stuff. do you mean that i can't monitor those traffic even if i use XBee S2 as the transmitter?right now i using 3 XBeeS2, 3 XBee Shield and 3 Arduino Uno.

PeterH

i am doing real life network simulation.

An Arduino is going to make a pretty rubbish network analyser, because it's got minimal processing power and bandwidth available. You would be able to get results out of it easily enough, but I wouldn't expect them to tell you much about what's really happening on any modern network. Use a computer with a suitable network interface if you want accurate network performance measurements.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

neoejan

what  kind of software that you can suggest to me for monitor the traffic cuz i try to monitor using wireshark but it did't work

neoejan

and i know amazom.com sell zigbee sniffer.but that way out of my budget because i am a student.for my final year project,my university only allow me to spend 152.63 us dollar and i am now overbudget because i already buy 3 XBee S2 and 3 Xbee Shield
:smiley-roll-sweat:

PeterH

what  kind of software that you can suggest to me for monitor the traffic cuz i try to monitor using wireshark but it did't work

The word 'monitor' could mean almost anything. Please explain exactly what you are trying to achieve, in networking terms.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

neoejan

i want to monitor traffic between xbee to xbee. went i send or receive packet. i want to capture delay,jitter and throughput.

PeterH

In that case the only approach I can see would be to write your own sending and receiving sketches that exchange messages via XBee and have them record the exact times of each message they send and receive. This would be monitoring the activity of your own sketches, not any other XBees that may be around you - I don't know whether that's what you're trying to achieve.

You would need to merge and analyse these two sets of logs to get the metrics you're asking for. To do that you will need to be able to relate the event timestamps in both logs. That means either both sides need to have a consistent time source, or you need some way to reconcile the clocks afterwards. If you make assume that the network is broadly symmetrical, you can test in both directions and average out the timing differences to reconcile the two clocks.

neoejan

Apr 02, 2014, 10:45 am Last Edit: Apr 02, 2014, 10:48 am by neoejan Reason: 1
i already done a simple sketches to send and receive message trying to use time library to calculate delay. are the time library can only be use at receiver node ?.but as you can see my com 6(at xbee i set it as coordinator at) cant display output properly like com 7(at xbee i set it as endpoint at).i using same coding but the output is very different.can you explain to me why this happen

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy