Go Down

Topic: UNO board doesn't work unless monitor is running (Read 732 times) previous topic - next topic

Has anyone seen this issue... I have an uno board, connected to windows XP.  I am connected with the USB cable with a simple connection of three wires in ports 2,3,4 that are running to 2 - 8 bit shift registers running 16 LED's.  I am creating a binary clock.

The code runs through shifting the registers based on the time.  When I am connected through the USB it will upload and try to run.  The lights will start flashing and then it seems to reset and flash again, over and over.  If I open the serial monitor it then runs correctly.

If I unplug the USB and then run it off of a 9v power supply it also runs correctly.

Any ideas?

Not without seeing your code & schematic.
Could be overtaxing the 500mA available from the USB. Not sure why serial monitor would help that.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131