Go Down

Topic: [HELP] Arduino Wifi Controller [URGENT] (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

callmegill

Hi everyone, I am facing problems with the use of Arduino.
I have just a little knowledge about Arduino.
I am now handling a project which could control the device through the internet.
And now my problems are :
1) how does Arduino connect with my device (Vacuum Cleaner) in order to let it control through the internet? Example codes? 
2) can Arduino contact with XBee (wireless control) ? both using the same language?   
3) which Arduino should I choose for this project? Arduino Ethernet Shield or Arduino Wifi Shield?

Thousands of thanks for those who willing to help me to solve it.
I need some guidance now   :~

Arrch

1) how does Arduino connect with my device (Vacuum Cleaner) in order to let it control through the internet? Example codes? 

That entirely depends on what hardware you have.
Code: [Select]
2) can Arduino contact with XBee (wireless control) ? both using the same language? 
Yes, the Arduino's can communicate with XBees.
Code: [Select]
3) which Arduino should I choose for this project? Arduino Ethernet Shield or Arduino Wifi Shield?
Ethernet vs WiFi depends entirely on your requirements.

callmegill

Hi Arrch, thanks for you reply.
What if I would like to chose Arduino Wifi Shield as my hardware?
what should be considered in order to take my first step of making this project?
What software to use for the communication between XBee and Arduino? using X-CTU? but it is just for transferring data.

Sorry for asking too many questions as I am still fresh about Arduino.
Thanks again  :smiley-fat:

Arrch

Hi Arrch, thanks for you reply.
What if I would like to chose Arduino Wifi Shield as my hardware?

Then I would say fantastic.
what should be considered in order to take my first step of making this project?

The usuals: range, power, cost, features, compatibility.

What software to use for the communication between XBee and Arduino? using X-CTU? but it is just for transferring data.

Where is the XBee coming from; I thought this was a WiFi project?

I think you need a more concrete project definition and better defined requirements before you start buying hardware.
[/quote]

florinc

One way the vacuum cleaner can be controlled by your Arduino is through a relay. You can basically turn it on and off. Moving the vacuum cleaner around is a bit more challenging.
To send the commands to Arduino through the internet, you would need to run a web server on your it, either using the WiFi shield or the Ethernet shield. WiFi shield would make the device portable, if this is what you need.
As Arrch said, you should give more details on your project.

Go Up