Go Down

Topic: Arduino Nano not getting Power (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Grumpy_Mike

Have you provided external power when trying to do this?

Sasha831

Oct 14, 2012, 08:38 am Last Edit: Oct 14, 2012, 08:49 am by Sasha831 Reason: 1
Yes, i have attached an external power source while doing so, what's more, when reset, gnd and rx are connected,(All of them have to be connected,i've tried) the l surface mount led's that are power, pin 13, rx and tx start azy and going crazy and blinking, even when the other board is running only a blink sketch)

Grumpy_Mike

when reset, gnd and rx are connected

You need RX as well.
What are you connecting to reset? You can't just connect it to the reset of the other arduino.

When you said program it using another arduino I thought you meant through the programming pins not the serial lines. Without disconnecting the Tx, Rx and reset from the USB / serial chip on the broken arduino it is not going to work as the good arduino can not over ride the broken one.

Sasha831

I was connecting rx to rx, tx to tx, resetto reset, and also connecting the two grounds. Could you please tell me the correct way to wire it?

Grumpy_Mike

If you do that, you have to disconnect the wires from the broken FTDI. This will involve either removing the chip or cutting the tracks. It is not an advised thing to do.

Go Up