Go Down

Topic: Standalone USB communications (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

Yes, Serial comms will still work fine without the bootloader.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

jtw11

Yes, Serial comms will still work fine without the bootloader.

Good good.

Now - I've wired up a 1284P on a breadboard just as I've shown in my Eagle schematic. I've connected up my AVR ISP Mk II to the relevant ICSP pins. I've got 'Mighty 1284P 16MHz using Optiboot' selected as my board. I have AVR ISR Mk II selected as the programmer.

When I click Burn Bootloader, I get the following error - avrdude: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb"

The ISP must be communicating with the chip, as if I go into Atmel Studio and click Device Programming, I can read the fuse states and signature etc.

My copy of avrconf has entries for the 1284P. Not that I know what they mean? Do I need to change the signature in there, for the signature I've read in Atmel Studio?

CrossRoads

Probably just need to install the AVR ISP drivers.
Here's the file path:
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

jtw11

I've run all the .exe files, but they don't seem to be installers. I guess what I need to do is do something with the file "avrisp2" - but I don't know what to do with this type of file?

CrossRoads

Don't you need to do Control Panel: Device Manager:Install new hardware, then browse to the folder, something along those lines?

Go Up