Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Standalone USB communications  (Read 4306 times)
UK
God Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Ah - that option isn't there in Win 7 by the looks of things, seems there's now a seperatate wizard (I'm usually a Mac user, but use Windows for Arduino related things for the support community here) I ran the 'hdwwiz' command to open the new hardware wizard.

However - seems the driver is unsigned, so just trying to find a workaround for that. I've tried temporarily allowing unsigned files using F8 during boot, and by disabling UAC and signing the driver using DSEO tool - still to no avail.

Now I know why I use Mac - installed Arduino on my iMac, added the Mighty files, connected the ISP Mk II - installed no drivers, modified nothing, worked first time. Result. Burned the bootloader, then overwrote with the blink sketch - it works fine.

However, I do need it working on my Windows laptop - any ideas?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 07:03:50 am by jtw11 » Logged

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

I haven't made it past Vista yet, am not aware of what's  needed in Win7.

"Now I know why I use Mac - ... - installed no drivers, modified nothing, worked first time."'
That's just why I don't like Mac's - no user thinking needed, you never leam about what goes on inside.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

UK
God Member
View Profile

Point taken  smiley-red

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

I wasn't trying to put you down, please don't take it that way.
Apple does a fine job of keeping their software suppliers in line, while MS seems to be in ongoing uphill battle to be everything to everybody all the time and constantly exposing themselves to some kind of hack/virus/malware/worm etc.
Apparently they are now trying to enforce this digital signature thing and making it harder to do things that were easier to do with XP and Vista.
Workarounds have been posted.
Try this one for the driver.
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,118089.0.html

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

UK
God Member
View Profile

I wasn't trying to put you down, please don't take it that way.

Nono, I didn't take it in that way at all - do not worry!

I'll try the suggestions, many thanks.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Jump to: