Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Why use LEDs when you can use Nixies and lethal voltage levels?  (Read 2144 times)
Danger Boy
Edison Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Nixies are cooler, for sure.  First Nixie project:

Nixies and the 5V-to-170V converter are from TaylorEdge.  It makes this all pretty easy to do.  Next part, interfaciing that red Sparkfun RTC breakout board.

http://www.tayloredge.com/storefront/SmartNixie/
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 06:29:41 pm by JoeN » Logged

I have only come here seeking knowledge. Things they would not teach me of in college.

Brisbane, Australia
Edison Member
View Profile

Looking good.  Shame the RTC brings you back down to using low voltage.  At least you can compensate some by having the alarm generated through a tuned plasma arc or something smiley

Geoff

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse"
- retired astronaut Chris Hadfield

Danger Boy
Edison Member
View Profile

Looking good.  Shame the RTC brings you back down to using low voltage.  At least you can compensate some by having the alarm generated through a tuned plasma arc or something smiley

Geoff

I'm going to have to work a Jacob's Ladder in here for the alert feature I think...

I have only come here seeking knowledge. Things they would not teach me of in college.

Danger Boy
Edison Member
View Profile

Now with the RTC working, showing the time (central, 24 hour format) from a few minutes ago.  The RTC retains time and date on power-off.  Need to implement the switches now so time and alarm can be set and include a peizo.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 06:29:08 pm by JoeN » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: