Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Account Deletion?  (Read 2082 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello, is it possible to have my account deleted?

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

why bother?

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

It's been my experience that only if you start posting enough bad stuff such that some moderator bans you from the forum, you can't just be deleted because you request to, but I could be wrong about that.

Why not just stop visiting the site, is that a problem for you?

Lefty

Edison Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

In my experience, the ability to let users delete their accounts is not very useful, and it's tricky to implement (do their posts disappear? Can their names be reused? Do threads they started disappear?

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Moderators cannot delete, we can only ban.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

In my experience, the ability to let users delete their accounts is not very useful, and it's tricky to implement (do their posts disappear? Can their names be reused? Do threads they started disappear?

exactly, the op has 14 post, no matter of their personal opinion of those posts they are useful to the community, I personally have done a search, found a thread by someone with a handful of posts that perfectly answers my question without adding more noise to the signal.

That right there is more valuable than a random username that does not wish to participate any longer

to the OP, change your email to some junk address in your profile, other than that no one is going to judge you for asking a question, we all have our stupid ones ...

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

Yes, some moderators can now delete accounts, but speaking personally, I generally only delete spam or blatent SEO accounts.
I'd have to be asked really, really nicely to delete posts belonging to a deleted account.

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

I'd have to be asked really, really nicely to delete posts belonging to a deleted account.
Except in the case of spam, I trust.

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

Except in the case of spam, I trust.
It goes without saying.

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

God Member
View Profile

So the OP should just go back to each of his 14 post, modify each with some blatant and seriously annoying spam (the last also casting aspersions on AWOL's legitimacy), and -- voila! -- mission accomplished.  smiley-mr-green

WiFi shields/Yun too expensive? Embeddedcoolness.com is now selling the RFXduino nRF24L01+ <-> TCP/IP Linux gateway: Simpler, more affordable, and even more powerful wireless Internet connectivity for *all* your Arduino projects! (nRF24L01+ shield and dev board kits available too.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: