Go Down

Topic: Just ordered my scope (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

majolsurf

Did I see a $200 version of this scope somewhere on this site?  Anyone familiar?

AlphaZeta

Hey guys, I just received the scope  ;D ! Anyway, it came in packaged nicely and securely (two layers of boxes) and it is quite a nice piece of equipment! In case you are wondering about the firmware version. It is 2.04. It looks all the 1052Es shipped recently have been updated to this firmware version, which means you can't do the 100MHz hack any more... at least for now.

Anyway, I wasn't planning to hack it anyway... 8-)

Boz

Oct 01, 2010, 12:46 am Last Edit: Oct 01, 2010, 12:46 am by ThatBozGuy Reason: 1
Its a great scope either way, and you said you probably wouldn't be pushing the limits too much anyways. Have fun with it.

AlphaZeta

Well, I couldn't resist the temptation of hacking.... so I went ahead with the hack and I have a 100MHz scope now :D (http://www.eevblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=553.150)

Boz

You just bought me lunch, I bet someone you would "get the urge" just to look into it, but there were no guarantees you would report it here so the bet was I would ask back in a month and I wasn't allowed to encourage. :)

Congrats on the upgrade and thanks for lunch.

;D ;D ;D ;D

BOZ

Go Up