Go Down

Topic: Just ordered my scope (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Boz

Oct 06, 2010, 02:02 am Last Edit: Oct 06, 2010, 02:05 am by ThatBozGuy Reason: 1
PS Did you grab a before and after pic, I d like like to do a quick write up from your forum post on my Tinker Tech blog, because it comes up alot and as I said I had two people who ended up bricking. so i t would be nice to show more than an anecdotal success.

BOZ

AlphaZeta

Good deal! After reading most of the related posts, I concluded that the potential rewards far outweigh the possible risks.

As a rule of thumb, whenever you are flashing anything (be it the scope or your BIOS), almost make sure that you have a stable power supply! For my mod, I used a UPS just to be sure...

AlphaZeta

PS Did you grab a before and after pic, I d like like to do a quick write up from your forum post on my Tinker Tech blog, because it comes up alot and as I said I had two people who ended up bricking. so i t would be nice to show more than an anecdotal success.

Yep, I am going to write up a blog entry for this (probably this weekend) and share the link.

Boz

AlphaZeta

As promised,  here is the write up: http://www.kerrywong.com/2010/10/08/my-new-ds1052e-oscilloscope. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to comment :).

Here are a few pictures:

Before:

After:

More pictures are on my site.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy